Norfolk Academies holds ultimate responsibility for all decisions regarding the running of the individual academies. Following judgement that Wayland Academy Norfolk was inadequate an Interim Executive Board has been established.
An Interim Executive Board is a small body appointed on a short-term basis to turn around a school that is judged to be in need of improvement. An Interim Executive Board replaces the governing body of an academy that has either been placed in special measures or given notice to improve by Ofsted,
The Interim Executive Board’s main functions are to secure a sound basis for future improvement in the academy and promote high standards of educational achievement through:
- Using documentary evidence to assess whether the academy is moving towards Good;
- Validating where there are gaps and ensuring appropriate strategies are in place to close them rapidly.
- Keeping the academy on a rapid timeframe to become Good within two years with clear actions for improvement to be completed by the next meeting:
- Ensuring there is appropriate monitoring in place to assess the impact of academy actions:
- Judging the capacity to become Good within two years of the Ofsted Inspection that graded Wayland Academy Norfolk inadequate:
Membership of the Interim Executive Board will consist of the Principal, Deputy Principal, Interim Executive Principal, another Norfolk Academies Principal and an external consultant. The Interim Executive Board will agree the key priorities and key performance indicators within a timescale that secures rapid improvement.
The members of the Wayland Academy Norfolk Interim Executive Board:
- Neil McShane (Interim Executive Principal)
- Glen Allott (Academy Principal WAN)
- Dean Rosembert (Academy Deputy Principal
- Richard Evans (Norfolk Academies Principal)
- Gerry Batty (Educational Consultant)
The Interim Executive Board may be contacted by:
Letter – c/o TEN Group Governance Office, Thetford Building, City College Norwich,
Ipswich Road, Norwich, NR2 2LJ
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone - 01603 773381 (TEN Group Governance Office)
For information relating to Norfolk Academies Annual Reports and Financial Statements, Norfolk Academies Value for Money Statements, Norfolk Academies Funding Agreement and Norfolk Academies Memorandum and Articles of Association please visit the Norfolk Academies website via the link provided below: