The Academy Uniform helps to foster a sense of identity. We require students to dress in a manner which is suited to an office type environment and which promotes health and safety practises.
- Blazer – Wayland Academy blazer with badge.
- Jumpers – Plain black V-neck jumpers with no logos are permitted under blazers, not as an alternative. Cardigans and other jumpers are not allowed.
- Ties - Wayland Academy house tie or prefect tie.
- Shirts – Light blue shirt, short or long sleeve.
- Trousers – Black, full length in traditional style and material. Jeans, leggings or skinny trousers are not permitted.
- Skirts - The official Academy skirt that can be purchased from SWI, this is the only skirt that is permitted.
- Belts – Plain black with plain buckle.
- Shoes – Shoes must be ALL black. They must be sensible and closed toe. Boots are not permitted.
- Socks/Tights – Plain socks, black or white. Plain tights, black or flesh coloured.
- Coats – Outdoor coats should be practical. Leather, suede and denim jackets or hooded sweatshirts are not permitted. Coats should be removed in classrooms.
- Jewellery – Permitted: Studs or sleeper earrings, watches and charity bands. Not permitted: Dangly earrings, spike stretchers, facial piercings, rings, bracelets or visible necklaces. All jewellery must be removed for health and safety reasons if requested.
- Hair – Hair should be a natural colour and not outrageously styled. We may request that long hair is tied back for health and safety reasons.
- Make up – If worn make up should be subtle. False nails are not permitted.
If you are unsure about a piece of clothing please consult with the Academy before making a purchase. The Academy reserves the right to ask any parents/carers to change inappropriate clothing in accordance with the Home-Academy agreement. Students will face sanctions if they are wearing incorrect uniform.
Physical Education Kit
Below is a list of the compulsory PE kit:
- Rugby shirt (Boys)
- Polo shirt
It is essential that boys have either football boots or astro trainers for football and rugby.
If they intend to play for the school teams, they must have boots and a gum shield.
Shin pads are compulsory for rugby, football and hockey.
- Fleece top
- Tracksuit bottoms
Pupils must not wear any jewellery for PE or sports, including studs, sleepers, body piercing bars etc. It is not permitted by Health and Safety to leave these items on/in, or tape them up.
Items of Value
PLEASE ENSURE THAT VALUABLE ITEMS ARE NOT BROUGHT ONTO THE ACADEMY SITE.
All articles on site, including mobile phones and bicycles, are at the owner’s risk and the Academy cannot be held responsible for their safety. No responsibility will be taken by staff for any items of value handed in to them, although they will do their best to safeguard them. Items which have been confiscated because they should not be on site in the first place, and which are subsequently lost, cannot be claimed for.
Items confiscated will be logged and locked in the school office. Parents may be asked to collect them from the Academy.